Glaucoma is an eye disease that damages the optic nerve of the eye. This disease over a long period of time can lead to permanent loss of vision and blindness. At an early stage, this disease has no symptoms and vision remains normal. But without medication, people with glaucoma lose their lateral vision. They cannot see the object from the corner of the eye.
There are many kraff eye institute treatment centers that offer the best surgery or treatment.
For eye disease, glaucoma, laser surgery is the doctor’s first choice. The different types of laser surgery to treat these diseases are listed below:
- Argon Laser Trabeculoplasty (ALT) —this laser procedure opens obstacles in the eye so that fluid can drain.
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty (SLT): if the above medicine does not work, the doctor usually tries this medicine. A low-level laser with high focus is designed where there is pressure.
Vital points before treatment
Some important things to know before starting a glaucoma surgery:
- Purpose of the drug: The main goal of treatment is to lower eye pressure. This can be done with medication, lasers, or surgery.
- Treatment option for glaucoma. There are three treatment options for glaucoma. The first is with drugs, the second is laser treatment, and the third is surgery.
- Bleeding: in all this there is a high risk of bleeding in the eye. Therefore, it is very important to discuss this complication with an ophthalmologist before starting therapy.
- Infection. Antibiotics are usually administered to the patient before, during and after any of these procedures to avoid any infection. But there is some chance that an infection will occur inside the eye, which can become very serious and affect vision.
- Cataract: may develop as a side effect of therapy. Cataracts can be easily treated. Before starting treatment for glaucoma, consultation with an eye treatment center is very necessary.